Monday, January 26, 2009

More Fruit and Books...


Second Fruits Basket book read... the characters are getting more interesting, but I don't think I'll read many more of them. There are so many books on my to read list I don't want to stick with a series I am not blown away by. The characters do make me laugh in the books... their emotions are so out of control, arguments turn to tears and yelling very quick... maybe they need some help with their anger management. I suppose I would be angry too if I randomly turned into a cat at various times during the day.
I am also almost finished with the book by the librarian (Free for All: Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangstas in the Public Library by Don Borchert). It is getting less interesting... kind of like he used his good stories up at the beginning of the book. Maybe one of the later chapters will be good again. The last chapter was about a fight between mom's in the parking lot. Sounds more exciting than it was... It was interesting to read about how they cull books that aren't being read to make way for the new ones. I have to do that in my classroom every once in a while. I always feel guilty about books that I get rid of. First I put them in you can have these bins in the room, then I put them in the teacher's workroom... then they go the garbage. Haven't done it in a while though. More later... teaching to do :^D

1 comment:

  1. A comment on my own entry... I wanted to add that the Free for All book ended well. One of the last chapters in particular was so good that I cried. So I was being a bit harsh earlier.

    ReplyDelete