Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Fabric of Time Needs Ironing

Ok... so that was a lame way of trying to say I just read                A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle last night.  Actually it was the graphic adaptation of that classic of science fiction executed beautifully by Hope Larson.


Finally a fitting reason to use the effects on my PhotoBooth :)

A Wrinkle in Time is one of those classic books that I remember reading when I was a kid, yes I totally was a kid.  Anyway, I also remember I thought it was confusing the first time I read it... luckily I went back and read it again and again... great book.  I think I read it the first time when I was too young, so that is why I had a little trouble... or my brother was bugging me, or any number of distractions were getting me off track.  It was worth revisiting.  You should read it sometime.

This book is a graphic novel adaptation of the original.  I thought it was well done.  It doesn't hold a candle to the original, kind of like going to the movie verses reading the book, but it has its charms.  The art is well done and it is enjoyable... but you still should read the original in all its strange endearing glory.  Maybe it will spark your interest enough to go find the original.

This is an AR level 2.7 worth 2 points, if you read the original it is a level 4.7 and worth 7 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment